Here Are 22 Spots To Take Instagram Pictures With Selena Murals
Instagram walls are something like a hidden treasure. They’re hard to come by, but sometimes you stumble upon them when you least expect it. Luckily for Selena Quintanilla fans, we rounded up 22 of the most beautiful murals paintings of the singer. After this, we’re sure you’ll want to go on a Selena mural tour.
1. Selena’s famous purple jumpsuit covers a wall in Dallas, Texas.
If there’s one outfit that deserves to be immortalized on the wall of a building, it’s the jumpsuit Selena wore during her last performance at the Houston Astrodome in 1995. The beautiful painting of the Tex-Mex singer is accompanied by Selena’s equally iconic signature, which makes for two photo ops.
2. The iconic “Amor Prohibido” album art was recreated for a mural in Dallas.
With a galactic twist, artist Ponchaveli recreated Selena’s “Amor Prohibido” album cover. Selena’s face was shaded in her favorite color to match the celestial background.
3. Stenciled Selena lives on in Houston, Texas.
Selena’s signature hairdo was long, black hair that reached her waist. In the early 90s, however, Selena rocked a short bob, reminding us that the queen could do no wrong. This look was recreated in stencil art in a wall in H-town.
4. We’re left with recuerdos of Selena’s perfect smile on a wall in Plaza de la Raza in Los Angeles.
More like, we’re blessed. This beautiful Día de Los Muertos-esque painting is a take on the famous picture of Selena in her tour bus where she’s flashing her million dollar smile. The Polaroid photograph is surrounded with cempasúchil flowers which are used to decorate floats and altars for DDLM.
5. Local Los Angeles artist, Sand One turned Selena into one of her iconic big-lashed dolls.
Sand One’s work is easily recognizable for her dolls that have very curvy figures, bold lashes and big features. The Latina artist has covered dozens of walls in Los Angeles. It only made sense that she made a Selena version of her dolls.
6. This mural reminds us that Selena did the sailor hat first.
Sailor hats are very popular these days, but this painting outside of the Hija de tu Madres pop-up shop in Boyle Heights, California is a reminder that Selena was a trendsetter way before her time. This painting captures the feels Selena would get (and give) while she was on stage performing. And you gotta love the metallics on her bustier, mic and cap.
7. Selena, always in our hearts… And on this wall.
After her death, Selena’s parents decided to keep her recording studio open and turn it into a museum for her fans to visit. Not only was the inside refurbished into a photogenic space, but the outside was also painted with this sweet message.
8. Speaking of the Selena Museum, here’s a closer look at one of the walls made to up your Instagram feed.
Karina’s caption is perfect. This wall (and every other Selena wall) definitely deserves its own post. If this painting looks familiar, you’ve probably seen it all over the Selena MAC Cosmetics collection.
9. An angelic, makeup-free Selena graces this wall in Houston, Texas.
This wall was inspired by Selena’s 1995 album “Dreaming of You” where Selena is wearing very light makeup and in front of a very pale background. For this mural, the artist decided to add a special touch by adding the flower that reminds every one of Selena — a rose.
10. Passersby can’t help but stop in front of this stunning painting in San Antonio, Texas.
Based on the nude makeup and voluminous hair, this also looks like it was inspired from the “Dreaming of You” album. But how beautiful is the detail on her skin? Can’t. Stop. Staring.
11. Someone created the most fitting Lotería card for one of the greatest singers to ever live.
If Selena was turned into a Lotería card, hers would likely say La Cantante. This gigantic card was spray-painted onto a wall in Austin, Texas. We think someone should create an entire series of these wall paintings to complete a whole Lotería board.
12. This wall in Austin is full of icons, but one stands out to us.
We think the artist spend a little more time on Selena’s portrait because she definitely stands out from the rest of the people pictured.
13. Selena glows at this laser tag mini golf center in San Antonio.
What a surprise to find the glow of Selena illuminate a mini golf wall.
14. Selena and her signature rose make for the perfect photo opp.
Fun fact: this mural was created by a tattoo artist.
15. Stenciled Selena shines in Houston.
We love how we can see hints of Japanese art shine through.
16. Mauricio Ramirez turned Selena into a prism goddess.
Everything from the colors to the pose is perfection.
17. If you’re in Fresno, Calif., you can pose with Selena in front of this mural.
An icon indeed whose lipstick perfectly matches her rose.
18. A comic-like Selena stands in Echo Park.
Something tells us this is probably one of the most popular Instagram locations in the neighborhood.
19. Another stenciled Selena lives in Austin.
This is a more pop type of art that uses vibrant colors. We love how the artist created Selena’s captain hat with her signature. Super cool!
20. A spraypainted Selena welcomes tattoo clients outside a shop.
In case you don’t know what tattoo you want to get, this giant Selena mural serves as inspiration.
21. The caption sums up this floral Selena mural.
Because we have to agree that this is one of the best Selena murals we’ve seen.
22. This beautiful mural illustrates Selena’s signature beauty traits.
Physically, Selena was recognized by her full lips, thick hair and acrylic nails — all which are beautifully captured on this brick wall. Not included: that cute little carcancha.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends by hitting that share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org