Here’s Why Shannen Doherty Actually Left ‘Charmed’
Fans of the original “Charmed” serious are truly devotees. Their love of the three sisters set with the task of mastering the Power of Three and protecting the world has been strong from the beginning. There’s no dobut about. If you’re an OG “Charmed” fan looking forward to the Latina reboot, here are 20 unexpected things about the original “Charmed series you probably didn’t know about.
1. The Book of Shadows was more valuable than you might think.“Charmed” / The CW
The book weighed nine pounds and six ounces and was the most valuable prop on-set.
2. It was handcrafted too.“Charmed” / The CW
The most powerful and coveted of the Books of Shadows in existence and was supposed to be over three hundred years old. The Book of Shadows is almost entirely hand-painted.
3. Holly Marie Combs hid her pregnancy during the series.“Charmed” / The CW
Throughout season 6 Combs was shot mainly in close-up and baggy clothes to hide her real-life pregnancy. She did this until it was written into the storyline to explain Chris’ birth.
4. The series focuses heavily on sisterly ties and witchy heritage.“Charmed” / The CW
During the first few seasons, when a woman was the executive producer the series had more focus on sisterhood and ancestry. That changed when male Producer Brad Kern took over and the focus shifted more to vampy outfits and relationship issues.
5. The actress with the most Charmed fan mail was not one of the main stars of the show.“Charmed” / The CW
Finola Hughes, who played Prue, Piper, Phoebe, and Paige’s mother, got the most fan mail from the series viewers.
6. Brian Krause auditioned for the main role.“Charmed” / The CW
Brian Krause (Leo Wyatt), Julian McMahon (Cole Turner), and Kerr Smith (Agent Kyle Brody) all auditioned for the role of Inspector Andy Trudeau. The role was eventually given to Ted King in season one.
7. Telekinesis is the most common power in the Halliwell line.“Charmed” /The WB
The line includes Melinda Warren, Prue, Penny, Chris, Wyatt, and Paige, and the granddaughter from the series finale.
8. The reboot of the original series has been years in the making.“Charmed” /The WB
Creators first announced a reboot of the original series back in 2013.
9. In the first season, Prue works at an auction house called Bucklands.“Charmed” /The WB
In real life, the Bucklands (Raymond and Rosemary) were considered to be the first people to bring the religion of Wicca to North America.
10. When it came to the reboot Combs accused The CW of cashing in on the hard work of the show’s original cast and crew.“Charmed” /The WB
Combs also critiqued the show for describing the reboot as a “feminist” version of the show. The actress vented that she felt the show implied the original series was not, tweeting: “Guess we forgot to do that the first go around. Hmph.” PERO many fans of the idea of a show reboot have highlighted that the original “Charmed” was wrapped up in white feminist world.
11. Rose McGowan thought she had signed up for two seasons.“Charmed” /The WB
In an interview from 2014, she said that she was told by the producers that she would be around for two seasons she was happy with the agreement. When the ratings kept going up, and the show was renewed she found out she had signed on for five seasons.
12. The show was hot from the moment it premiered.“Charmed” /The WB
According to Aaron Spelling, the show was renewed for twenty-two episodes of a first season after only two episodes aired.
13. Throughout the series, the sisters lose and gain powers and discover new ones.“Charmed” / The CW
Season one, episode twenty-one “Love Hurts” is the only episode in the series where any of the sisters exchange powers with each other.
14. The show’s popularity inspired toys.“Charmed” /The WB
SOTA Toys created six-and-a-half-inch action figures of Piper, Phoebe, Paige, and Belthazor. The collection came with interlocking attic walls and a miniature Book of Shadows.
15. Every season ends with a door closing.“Charmed” /The WB
In the last season, the door is shut by Piper and Leo’s granddaughter using telekinesis, the same way Prue used to do. Most of the time it is the house’s door closing. Season six ended with the hospital door shutting after Chris was born.
16. Kit the cat, turned out to be the Charmed Ones’ spirit guide.“Charmed” /The WB
After she was adopted by the Halliwells, Kit would disappear and not be seen for days. One explanation for this was given in season five, episode eighteen, “Cat House,” when Paige mentions that a cat like Kit would spend time outside of her loft.
17. Wyatt’s powers were never really listed.“Charmed” /The WB
But some of the powers that he can be seen using on the show are, orbing, conjuring (without casting spells) summoning the dead and pyrokenesis.
18. While the show will have its big differences from the OG, it will also have a lot of similarities.“Charmed” /The WB
Not only will the show be about three sisters who discover that they are witches who must harness the power of three, their combined powers will see them use them as a way to vanquish supernatural demons.
19. Holly Marie Combs was the most filmed actress on the show.“Charmed” /The WB
She is the only actress to appear in every episode of this show, including the unaired pilot
20. Alyssa Milano put the book of shadows in her house design.“Charmed” /The WB
She liked the drawings made for the Book of Shadows so much, that she had the artist paint murals on her walls at her house.
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org