25 Kat Von D Tattoos Explained That’ll Make You Want to Rush Out And Get Inked
Mexicana Kat Von D is a tattoo master. Not only is she a beautiful tattoo artist herself, but she has also long used her body to be a vehicle for her art and creativity. Just scrolling through her Instagram, and you will find the work of one creative person. The proud Latina loves putting her work out there, whether that’s her own tattoos that adorn her body, the tattoos that she creates for others, or anything else. She clearly has a thirst for life and creativity, and the easiest way to soak it all up is through her own tattoos.
The recently married and recently pregnant celebrity has dozens of tattoos that vary from deep meaning, like the high school photo of her beloved papi (who she calls her hero) to her favorite composer (she began playing piano at age 7!) to the various initials, letters, small hearts, and so much more. She truly treats her body as a work of art and, after you find out some of the hidden meanings behind some of her favorite tattoos, you might just be inspired to run out and get your own ink.
1. Beethoven’s face on her thighs.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
In a tribute to Ludwig van Beethoven, her favorite composer, Kat Von D had him tattooed across her thigh.[wam_add_anyclip]
2. L.T.P. across the fingers on her right hand.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
This tattoo stands for “Loyal To Profession,” so it seems that she’s pretty proud of her work.
3. A lowercase “j” that was her first tattoo.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
It stood for James, her first love. “I still have it and love it,” she said to The National. No regrets!
4. Her mother’s face on her shoulder.PHOTO:thekatvond/instagram
Do we really need to explain this one? She loves her mami, of course.
5. The stars across her face.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
You might think that is has something to do with space or the universe, but she actually believes that instead the stars represent her being able to be tattooed but still feminine.
6. “TLA” on her finger.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
She’s got many finger tattoos, but this one is a special reminder in True Love Always.
7. Her father’s high school photo.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
On her right arm, you’ll spot her dad’s high school photo… Because he’s her hero. Awwwww.
8. Her older sister Carolyn.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
On her left arm, is her sister, who Kat also loves. Her sister also got a portrait of Kat on her arm.
9. “Oliver” on her neck.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
Oliver Peck is her ex-husband, who also did many of her tattoos. This one, however, she got as a surprise when they were married. He got her name tattooed on his stomach.
10. “Mi Vida Loca” on her back.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
Does Kat have a crazy life? She certainly seems to think so, since she got this huge tattoo across her back.
11. Carmen Miranda above “Mi Vida Loca.”PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
To go along with her crazy life, she got the legendary Brazilian Bombshell tattooed on her back as a tribute to the famed samba singer, dancer, and actress.
12. “LVB” on her fingers also.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
In yet another tribute to her favorite composer, Beethoven, she has his initials tattooed on her fingers. She’s been playing classical piano since age seven, so it makes sense she would love him so much.
13. Japanese fan and flowers.PHOTO: thekatvond/instagram
Featured all over her legs, these are creative and intricate designs.
14. A “reindeer getting shot” tattoo.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
She admits that this one is pretty random, since she “won it” during a flip a quarter game.
15. 1940s Vargas pin-up painting.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
Kat got this one done when she was just 18 years old on her upper left arm.
16. The word “Hollywood” in lipstick.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
On her belly, you can clearly see the word “Hollywood” and it looks as if it’s spelled out in lipstick, clearly a combination of her love of tattoos and her love of makeup.
17. Oliver Peck portrait.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
Another tribute to her ex-husband is on her thigh, a full portrait of his face.
18. “PECK” on her fingers.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
She really loved him, huh?
19. The words “Los Angeles” on her shoulder.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
She declared her love for L.A., where she was raised from age four, in this beautiful lettering.
20. Decorative skull on her knee.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
Clearly a throwback to her Mexican roots is this beautiful calavera tattoo.
21. Heart-like tattoo on her hands.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
It’s a representation of the band HIM, which she loves.
22. Decorative heart on her palm.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
This one is a way to constantly remind herself that she needs to do everything with love. So sweet!
23. Two 13’s on her left pinky.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
This is one of the tattoos that was done by her ex-husband Oliver Peck. Why? Just because he was obsessed with Friday the 13th.
24. “LAMF” on her right hand.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
This one reads “Like a motherf*cker,” a reminder to herself to be a badass.
25. “Loose yourself” tattoo.PHOTO: thekatvond/Instagram
This one is actually a spelling mistake, and was supposed to say “Lose yourself.” Whoops! Just further proof that even professionals can make mistakes.
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org