As Latinas, proven pioneers and trendsetters of style, there’s no doubting the fact that the ’90s was a decade of true exploration for us. But just in case you need it, here’s the proof:
1. You pulled specialty designs through your hair part because YAS.
CREDIT: JOEL SAGET/AFP/Getty Images
The bigger the zig-zag, the better.
2. Your weekend vibe was all about a bandana tied with a cute peasant knot.
CREDIT: Arnaldo Magnani / Getty Images
Extra puntos if you did it with tendrils.
3. You wore brown lip liner to give your admirers something to think about.
CREDIT: Center Stage / Columbia Pictures
Forget the haters who said you looked like you’d just eaten Oreos. You’d do this look again if you could just get your hands on the right burgundy liner and some Carmex.
4. Crimped hair was your go-to “it girl” look.
CREDIT: Jeff Kravitz /FilmMagic / Getty Images
And, girl, you looked muy linda.
5. Butterfly clips with a flat twist kept you grounded.
CREDIT: Love Boat: The Next Wave / UPN
If you’re not doing this look when you’re putting your makeup on for a night out, you’re not doing makeup right.
6. That side-swept bang you wore because it was super chic.
CREDIT: Debra L Rothenberg/ FilmMagic / Getty Images
Even if your hairs threatened to cut up your eyeball, you rocked this look with pride and confidence. #beautyisdangerous
7. Your bumped bangs were nothing short of bumpin’.
CREDIT: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air / NBC
When your bangs got flipped turned upside down you knew it was about to go down.
8. Bejeweled tops were your ultimate statement piece.
CREDIT: Everett Collection / Shutterstock.com
Talk to the hand, boo. The top speaks for itself.
9. Speaking of tops, tube tops were forever.
CREDIT: SGranitz / WireImage / Getty Images
IF you could get out of the house without mama setting her sights on your hombros descubiertos.
10. And, finally, you lovingly embraced and squeezed right into those no-back pocket Colombian jeans.
CREDIT: Tim Roney / Getty Images
That you, no duhhh, wore whenever, wherever.