Get Ready to Dress Like Frida Kahlo in Spring 2019
If you’ve been keeping up with New York Fashion Week, then you might have noticed something curious going on lately… The absolute explosion of flower-filled hair that has taken over NYFW. During the Spring/Summer 2019 show this past week, models on the runway were spotted rocking both tiny flowers in their hair and big, huge flowers in their hair. But, of course, we couldn’t help but notice how much the Rodarte flower crowns resembled none other than the flower crowns that Frida Kahlo wore.
It’s not exactly shocking that someone was inspired by Frida Kahlo. I mean, who ISN’T inspired by the famed Mexican artist who not only rocked the flower crown like a boss but also gave us some truly amazing art? In fact, if you’re anything like me, you’ve been inspired by Frida for years… long before her flower crowns appeared at NYFW. Personally, I recently got a Frida Kahlo pencil holder that I heart. But others show their love and appreciation of Frida in other ways. In order to inspire you a little more, we’ve gathered together 20 of the prettiest Frida Kahlo-inspired things. From tattoos to dresses featuring her face (and flower crown) to pillows and everything in between, here are 20 ways to inspire your Frida Kahlo obsession before everyone in the world is rocking those flower crowns in spring 2019.
1. An awesome Frida Kahlo-inspired tattoo.raylapolli/Instagram
There are many Frida Kahlo tattoos out there, but none quite as iconic as this one that specifically showcases her flower crown. It’s pretty spectacular, don’t you think?
2. A baby dressed up as Frida Kahlo, flower crown included.ozerikids/Instagram
This baby is the absolute picture of ADORABLE in her little dress and that flower crown that totally reminds us of Frida Kahlo. It’s just the best and I personally can’t get enough.
3. Wearing a flower crown like Frida… just because.didemtongac/Instagram
Going out for dinner and drinks with the ladies? Well, wear a flower crown! It’s the perfect way to accessorize any outfit, and WE personally knew that long before Fashion Week got the scoop.
4. Wear a gorgeous dress inspired by Frida Kahlo.azpintandomoda/Instagram
If you really want to showcase your love of Frida, then why not wear her on a dress? This one is pretty neat and definitely something that we absolutely L-O-V-E.
5. Every time you get in your car, remember Frida.atelieavila/Instagram
Driving can definitely be a LOT more fun if you get these Frida Kahlo keychains. The flower crowns on top of these felt beauties just add a little something extra so that you know exactly who you’re representing here.
6. Wearing a Frida Kahlo flower crown for Halloween._marielarosario/Instagram
Of course, one of the ways that you can represent for Frida is to let her inspire your Halloween outfit. Nobody ever looked so good except for, of course, the original. #RIP
7. You can even let your man rock a Frida shirt.j.o.t.acamargo/Instagram
Just because we ladies love her doesn’t mean that our sweeties can’t either, amirite? This guy rocking a Frida Kahlo shirt, flower crown and all, is a pretty cool thing to look at.
8. Take a nap on your Frida Kahlo pillows.throwbackjunction/Instagram
Frida Kahlo’s art can hang on your walls, sure, but why not allow it to warm you up at night instead? These Frida pillows are a pretty delightful addition to any bed or couch.
9. Frida Kahlo-inspired nails featuring those pretty flower crowns.tere_sanpi/Instagram
You can paint flower crowns on your nails for an oh-so-pretty look that is wholly inspired by our fave girl. These nails are absolutely gorgeous and absolutely a MUST do.
10. Wear your Frida love on your shoulder with a tote bag.brechozinhocarpediem/Instagram
A tote bag is a great way to show off your love for Frida, especially when you can get one that rocks one of her quotes about art and life. She said so many inspirational things that, well, we just can’t help it.
11. Flower crown sculpture that’s just amazing.zozine_niki/Instagram
If you’ve traveled the world to London recently, you might have come across this Frida Kahlo sculpture right outside of the Victoria & Albert Museum. It’s a pretty spectacular display of Frida flowers.
12. Wear your Frida pride on your ears, too.belladamas.shop/Instagram
Nothing will remind you of Frida quite as much as wearing her on your ears. Her inspiring artistic spirit will live on as you adorn yourself with her essence… or something like that, anyway.
13. And, of course, we can’t forget Frida Kahlo murals.a_haiku_a_day/Instagram
If you ever search for Frida Kahlo murals on Instagram, you are sure to be surprised with tons of them. They’re a great reminder of her artistic prowess and how she has inspired countless others.
14. Frida Kahlo stickets to inspire you.tocoleteros/Instagram
Getting some Frida Kahlo stickers with her eponymous flower crown is a great way to honor her memory because you can literally honor it anywhere. Stickets in your car? Yes. On all your notebooks? Yes. To give out to friends and strangers? Definitely.
15. Frida Kahlo t-shirts for little girls.the_hood3/Instagram
Well, perhaps it is time to inspire a new generation with your Frida Kahlo-inspired shirts. These little girls look like they’re having fun, just as your daughter or niece or bestie’s little girl will too.
16. Throw a birthday party inspired by Frida’s flowers.floriculturadepapelx/Instagram
This birthday party, made for a very lucky 10-year-old, is absolutely amazing. It’s themed and includes flowers pretty much everywhere, especially the cake. Isn’t that something special?
17. Or you can throw a baby birthday party… and make the baby dress up.chalupasshow/Instagram
Seriously, how cute is this little girl celebrating her 1st birthday? It’s a super cute photo and something that you’ll definitely want to do (or encourage others to do) in order to honor Frida.
18. Dress up with Frida’s flower crown and an outfit to match.pulcibombo/Instagram
You can’t fully see it here, but this girl’s skirt is a picture of Frida with her flower crown too. And she’s wearing a flower crown on her head! I mean, 10 points for effort for sure.
19. Put your favorite cactus in a Frida flower pot._funcacti/Instagram
Here’s a Frida-inspired flower pot… for your flowers or cactus. Get it? This adorable little pot can definitely be something that you make at home and something that will surely bring you joy.
20. Frida Kahlo face painting for more flowers, please.chalupasshow/Instagram
You’ll definitely enjoy having more and more flowers in your life when you not only don a flower crown but also indulge in some flower-based face painting. This is pretty gorgeous so YES, please!
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any corrections needed? Please email us at email@example.com