20 Reasons Why Office Dogs Are Better Than Your Coworkers
Let’s face it: Going to work can become a daily grind. From the commute that takes way too much time and is often boring or problematic (or both!) to the extra assignments that your boss always seems to be sending your way so that you’re never quite caught up to the coworkers who can be pretty hit-or-miss. Sure, you need people to commiserate and go to happy hour with, but what if your coworkers are just not that great? Well, enter the office dog.
The office dog makes the BEST coworker, in my humble opinion. Many who have office dogs agree: They make the best coworkers for many reasons and actually make the office environment friendlier, less stressful, and downright enjoyable. From their uncanny ability to always listen to the way they help you stay focused, here are 20 reasons why the office dog makes a much better coworker. And yes, many cute doggie photos included.
1. They make the best greeters.Photo: remaxmaxthedog/instagram
Literally how much better would your morning start be if you could say hello to your secretary that was actually a dog??
2. They help you down your morning coffee.Photo: nonhearingdog/Instagram
Your morning cup of coffee will go down even smoother if you’re petting an adorable pup at the same time.
3. They’re always there to listen to your crazy ideas.Photo: sbe2510/instagram
Unlike your coworkers, who might not appreciate your brilliance or (worse!) want to steal some of it for themselves, an office pup will listen and simply support.
4. They don’t mind getting paid in snuggles.Photo: mypetfluencer/Instagram
While your coworkers fight over raises and who will get promoted next, the office pup simply demands daily showings of love.
5. They will represent the company with pride.Photo: hortonmcsnorton/Instagram
You won’t have any trouble convincing your office pooch to come to the company softball game. Just sayin’.
6. They’ll encourage you to bond with others (if you want to, that is).Photo: forrestbrowntax/Instagram
Okay, so maybe your coworkers are a LOT more fun when you’re both playing with the puppy, right?
7. They remind you about the importance of nap time.Photo: curious_rufus/Instagram
Sometimes, you just need a break in your day. And your pup is here to remind you that napping is THE BEST. No judgment required.
8. They help you make sure your legs don’t fall asleep.Photo: jemmas_global/Instagram
Unlike your coworkers, who are just going to sit there all day, your office dog will insist on walking around, playing, and even going outside — enduring that you actually get up and MOVE once in a while.
9. They actually help you stay focused.Photo: lilythebatshiba/Instagram
Contrary to what it may seem, office dogs actually help you stay MORE focused because you have more relief from stress all day long… so you can focus on the big projects without worrying, thus getting them done quicker.
10. They will keep your seat warm.Photo: doodle_evie/Instagram
This is especially important during those cold winter months, when you sit down and instantly your butt feels cold. Your coworkers would never do this!
11. They make sure you take your well-deserved breaks.Photo: jess__chandler/Instagram
Your coworkers gave up asking you to hang out during their smoke breaks a long time ago, but your office pup is always down for you to take a 5 minute breather.
12. They will remind you to smile every day.Photo: uncle_bird_dog/Instagram
It’s really easy to go through the day without a single smile, especially if you have grumpy coworkers. But your office dog? They’re there to bring joy to your heart.
13. They support you on even the most stressful days.Photo: roopekoira/Instagram
It’s true that dogs help to lower blood pressure and help you feel less stress, which is definitely more than you can say for those coworkers…
14. They will make those late nights more tolerable.Photo: danzigbros/Instagram
Just LOOK AT THAT FACE and tell me that you mind working late today, with this guy by your side.
15. They help you to save money.Photo: malnaluna/Instagram
You’ll want to start bringing your lunch to work (thus saving money) JUST so that you can spend your lunch break playing with this adorable creature, amirite?
16. They will force you exercise and do something good for yourself.Photo: everybody.s_darling/Instagram
There’s nothing like the office dog to get you outside, get your blood pumping, and actually take a walk (aka exercise) during your work day.
17. They will help your office stay friendly.Photo: jungle_no9/Instagram
Everyone loves dogs, don’t they? And offices that have these friendly pooches are proven to be friendlier and also encourage more interactions between coworkers. So maybe you’ll even end up liking who you’re working with (besides the dog) in the end?
18. They will simply make you feel happier at work.Photo: thefinishingpointltd/Instagram
It’s practically impossible to not feel happy when there’s cute pups running around, which is more than any of us can say for our good and bad coworkers.
19. They remind you about the value of teamwork.Photo: areisiger/Instagram
Dogs are great team players, which is something that you will quickly learn if you have more than one office dog. They might even remind you WHY your boss wants you to work in a team in the first place.
20. Most of all, they know that work + play go together.Photo: compuritas/Instagram
Work hard, play hard. That’s how dogs do, and that’s what you’ll be doing soon too.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org