1. You’ve learned to just accept that your hair styles are ruled by the weather pattern.
I hate only being able to straighten my hair if it'll be cold ALL DAY??#growingupinflorida
— Dukes (@daisydabney__) December 20, 2016
Rainy days = ponytails and buns. Hot days = combed hair. Cold = Baby, you could have whatever you like.
2. And anything to do with makeup on a summer day will end in tragedy.
— IG: @valeriexortiz ? (@ValerieeOrtizz) July 24, 2017
In the Sunshine State, foundation melts from your face, eyeshadow dissipates the moment you walk out the door and eyeliner always turns into a smokey eye.
3. Publix is referenced in your Facebook relationship status.
— La negra (@bryannalalala) July 27, 2016
After all it’s where you pick up your subs (but RIP the opportunity the Pub had to master Cubanos though)
4. It’s also where you get your leche condensada which is LIFE.
#growingupcaribbean licking the condense milk can top and then getting beat cause yuh too hungry belly
— Lina (@cocoaxotic) January 20, 2018
So extra points for Publix on this one!
5. The phrase “two-timing” has a completely different meaning to you.
— April Calderon? (@Osnapitzaprill) July 21, 2016
You literally can’t count the number of times you’ve got whiplash from the various displays of hot and cold in this state.
6. If you are Afro-Latina everyone always assumes you’re Dominicana.
CREDIT: CBS / Giphy.com
Of course thats if they’re already on board with the fact that Black women can be Latina smh.
7. Otherwise, according to where you live you’re either Puerto Rican or Cuban.
CREDIT: HuffPost / Giphy.com
“Ohhh Miami? Estas Cubana?”
8. And while the average non-Latino Floridian will take Hurricane season as a reason to party…
— Alexia Rodrigez (@teaminternet10) October 6, 2016
Because who cares if they say it’s a category 6 Hurricane? It’s totally safe once the eye comes through!
8. Your family takes the occasion to a whole different level.
— Ca♍️i (@camifrommiami) October 6, 2016
Nothing like some good salsa beats to drown out the moan of a category 9!
9. And finally, best of all, knowing that even though it doesn’t live up to its name on an every day basis…
— G. Peralta (@wg7peralta) September 6, 2016
But when it does, the Sunshine State is one you’re truly proud to call home.