about the position
do you love producing video content and figuring out new storytelling conventions on digital platforms? are you tired of the same media representation of Latinos, and dying to see three dimensional Latino characters and personalities? do you have stories that speak specifically to the Latino experience in the US, but haven’t found the platform to tell those stories? do you want your stories seen by millions of people every single day?
since launching its consumer brand a year ago, mitú has quickly grown to be one of the leading voices in the Latino media landscape. combining an unapologetically Latino voice with smart, funny, entertaining and challenging content, we have carved out a place that matters in the lives of young Latinos in the US.
we are expanding our video team, and are looking for fresh new voices! the mitú video producer will execute our experimentation driven principles for social video content. the person in this position should be a digital native with a proven track record of creating awesome, shareable content in a quick hit approach. they should be excited to experiment and invent new ways of telling stories in ways that are native to the platform they live on.
as a key member of the social content studio, the candidate will have the opportunity develop and shape mitú’s brand and voice. this role reports directly to the director of video.
we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and when the mood strikes, michelada happy hours and spontaneous dance parties.
- conceive and execute formats and styles for social, shareable video content.
- convert popular written content into compelling, shareable videos.
- contribute to the discovery and creation of new video formats for Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat and other on demand and live platforms.
- write, shoot, edit, produce, and when necessary, star in videos.
- uphold mitú editorial brand, voice and mission for all platforms.
- adhere and articulate voice and style guidelines for all video formats and platforms.
- contribute to video team brainstorms.
- work successfully and happily with tight budgets and deadlines.
- reach metrics and performance goals for digital studio
- 1–3 years of experience creating shareable web video with a strongly defined voice.
- demonstrated ability to create videos worthy of someone’s share.
- jack-of-all trades – able to write, shoot, edit, and produce your own videos.
- proven experience with video editing (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop.)
- experience with motion graphics a huge plus.
- a strong entrepreneurial and competitive streak – you’re motivated by being great, not by being pushed.
- a great enthusiasm for the U.S. Latino experience and a deep understanding of the traditions, cultures and diversity among Hispanics.
- high proficiency with dslr cameras, sound/lighting equipment and entire production process.
- strong understanding of audience development.
- strong understanding of performance metrics and analytics.
- bilingual is a plus.
- please provide demo reel when applying.
what we offer
location: Los Angeles, CA & New York NY