These Tostilocos Prove The Loco In The Name
Those of us who love Tostilocos know the deliciously classic savory snack that’s a heavenly combination of Salsa Verde Tostitos tortilla chips, chamoy, hot sauce, Japanese-style peanuts, Chaca Chaca, jicama, cucumber and cueritos. The original mix of salty and spicy flavors is absolute perfection.
But as with anything good, someone’s always gonna drop a remix to try and make it better. And sometimes that remix just might be better than the original. It worked for J.Lo’s “I’m Real” or Craig Mack’s “Flava in Ya Ear,” if you want to take it way back.
In the quest to add more loco to the snack game, people have come up with some awesome Tostiloco remixes that are so mouthwatering they may just be better than the original.
1. But then there’s Dorilocos, which are the same as Tostilocos but with nacho cheese Doritos.
I guess the old snack adage is true: when in doubt, add nacho cheese Doritos to whatever you’re eating. That’s a thing people say, right?
2. Nacho flavor? Well, how about adding Takis to whatever you’re eating?
I can get behind that one.
3. Churritoslocos did the same thing, taking the tried and true Tostiloco ingredients but adding them to crunchy churritos.
CREDIT: Tere R./Yelp
I’m here for it.
4. Pepi-locos change things up by making the cucumber the main star of the show.
Also called Pepi-sushi, Pepi-locos take a hollowed out cucumber and fill it with all the stuff you’d find on Tostilocos. Some spots even plate the Pepi-locos on a bed of Tostitos. Next level and classy af.
5. Or you can say “f-ck it” and stuff it all into a pineapple.
We call the Bob Esponga style. JK we don’t but that’d be funny.
6. Or really say “f-ck it” and drop it all into a watermelon.
It’s just so beautiful! The watermelon loco is what I need all summer long. While those stuck to the basics and changed things up a bit, some Tostiloco remixes get a bit more wild.
7. Aguachilocos, anyone?
That’s a whole other level of flavor. Sea level, if you will.
8. You can also find a shrimp remix that’s hot fire.
There’s a 90 percent chance this will give me a tummy ache, but I’m still down.
9. Cheetos Locos replace the Tostitos with Cheetos.
Hot. Damn. Like this is so insane and tasty and I want it!
10. Mango can get down with the crazy too.
A match made in heaven if you ask me. Mango is the perfect fruit to add a little loco to.
11. What is this?
I’m not even sure what I’m looking at here. Some sort of Tostiloco bundt cake. But damn do I want to get in it.
12. This cerveza/Tostiloco combo platter is the stuff dreams are made of.
I want – no, I NEED this all summer long. It’s everything I ever need. It’s beautiful. I want an oil painting of this over my mantle.
13. Another sandia one just cuz it’s so amazing.
If I ever get married, I don’t want to hold a bouquet of flowers. I want to hold this, and snack in between vows.
14. Clamato/Tostilocos/Ceviche got me like yesssssssss!
This is what summer feasting is all about! Fresh and tasty and totally loco!
Seriously though, people a freakin’ geniuses and snack gods!
16. This is just a thing of beauty!
Whatever is in there, I love it and I want it.
17. And another one.
If someone I was into showed up at my door holding this, that’s it. It’s over for all you other heauxs. I’m locking it down.
18. When the tostiloco set up is OOC!
The piña is there again, but with all the canastitas holding Totilocos ready for your love and attention? That just melts me heart.
19. Oh, did I mention Tosti Elote?
Talk about a combination of so much I love!
20. But let’s show love to the O.G.
None of this would be possible without the original Tostilocos, the greatest snack given to mankind. I light a candle to you and honor you for feeding me when I’m hungry and cruda.
There really is no wrong way to remix Tostilocos, and these are really just the tip of the loco iceberg. Stay remixing those Tostilocos, fruterias!
Notice any corrections needed? Please email us at email@example.com