20 Halloween-Themed Nails That’ll Have You Rushing To The Salon
Okay, so you’ve got your Día de Los Muertos makeup look set, but what about your nails? Years ago, I used to be all about dressing up for Halloween and never used to give a second thought to what my nails were doing. Well, I was wrong. The joy of painting your nails for Halloween in all kinds of funky colors and looks is that you can actually enjoy them long before the October 31st holiday (and maybe even long after).
Whether you’re looking for a witchy look, something inspired by your favorite scary movie, or a more girly take on the year’s spookiest holiday, these 20 Halloween-themed nails will have you rushing to the salon in no time. You’ll surely fall in love with some of these looks and, thankfully, there’s enough inspiration here for you to do more than one look in the next couple of weeks. No need to thank us.
1. Nails inspired by Nightmare Before Christmas.madridnailacct/Instagram
The haunting nails are just absolute beauty, aren’t there? You can adorn them with your favorite character from the popular Halloween-Christmas movie hybrid and then show off your love for this movie.
2. Nails so scary that you’ll want to Scream.nails_by_mya_vo/Instagram
In another movie-inspired nail art story, these Scream nails are an absolute horror. They’re scary with all that blood but also quite a sight to behold. In fact, one that you’ll want to try.
3. Nails that are just a little gentle.nailsbycambria/Instagram
Halloween nails don’t always have to be super scary, amirite? These have some subtle Halloween-y decorations, like the moon and black colors, but generally, leave things up to your imagination.
4. Nails that are all about the scar night.monika_sagathova/Instagram
Whether it’s Halloween or any other time of year, I am always pretty frightened whenever I see a lonesome tree in the middle of nowhere. These nails remind me of those scary nights and, well…
5. Nails that add a little Dia de Los Muertos to your look.datyatcat/Instagram
Dia de Los Muertos comes a day after what we know as All Hallow’s Eve, but this combo nail is one that you’ll adore. The black-and-white colors are subtle but quite a sight to behold.
6. Nails that are absolutely bloody brilliant.bsowoodbridge/Instagram
These blood-loving nails are the perfect subtle Halloween look. Underneath, they’re just a simple nude color but above, it’s all about the creepy, dripping blood. Could it get any cooler than this?
7. Nails that will give you back those It nightmares.the.posh.nail.loft/Instagram
The movie It, whether we’re talking about the remake or the original, will pretty much scare the bejesus out of anyone. So why do we want it on our nails? To scare all our friends, of course!
8. Nails that are just the perfect bite.nailsbylorilane/Instagram
Vampires can be creepy, or sexy, depending on who you ask. But you know what there’s definitely no doubt about? That these bite-worthy nails are super awesome. They’re definitely the perfect Halloween look.
9. Nails inspired by your favorite scary woman.danica.paulie/Instagram
What, aren’t YOU absolutely enthralled and equally terrified by the Bride of Frankenstein? This image is definitely one to behold and the silver-and-black nails are pretty gorgeous.
10. Nails that make you feel, um, creepy?therealnailaddictsoffacebook/Instagram
If you’re just in the mood for something creepy, then you may have found your perfect Halloween mani. The bloody skulls in this picture are absolutely phenomenal and definitely give me the creeps, so it’s a win-win.
11. Nails that will pretty much frighten anyone.naiilsbyana/Instagram
There’s so much to be said about these awesome Halloween nails that I don’t even know where to start. There’s some great imagery, from the blood spatters to the creepy face. Frightening, isn’t it?
12. Nails that are all about the spiderwebs.glamorous.misfits/Instagram
Spiders and spiderwebs are one of the most iconic Halloween looks, which is what makes these nails so cool-looking. The background that’s light silver and sparkly is only the added bonus.
13. Nails that are as colorful as they are spooky.veronica_nail_art/Instagram
Just because it’s Halloween doesn’t mean that you have to be ALL about the gore, amirite? If your favorite color is pink and you want something a bit more on the girly side, then here you have it.
14. Nails that paint a spooky graveyard picture.thepolishedpinkie/Instagram
Graveyard imagery is one of the best ways to imagine Halloween, which is where these nails come in. I absolutely love the use of purple and silver, along with black, to add to these spooky nails.
15. Nails that will have you forgetting about that PSL.nailsvanidosas/Instagram
Pumpkin Spice Latte, who? These scary pumpkin-inspired nails are the way to go! The white background doesn’t take away from the bright orange, glowing, and absolutely horrified pumpkin faces on top.
16. Nails that are all about the magic.werkdemnailz/Instagram
It’s pretty fair to say that these nails are absolutely magical, don’t you think? The dark blue background is perfectly complemented by the gold on top that is all about Halloween magic for all brujas.
17. Nails that bring some colorful Day of the Dead fun.polishedbynora/Instagram
Although the previous Dia de Los Muertos nails on this list are pretty badass, we mustn’t forget that the holiday is actually usually filled with plenty of colors — which is where these fabulous nails come in. Pretty great, huh?
18. Nails that show off that witchy haunted house.lilsimnailart/Instagram
Blue isn’t necessarily a color that is often associated with Halloween, but this dark blue background (that has plenty of sparkles) gives us something to fall in love with. The spooky bats are just too cute, too.
19. Nails that give you that Halloween variety look.virgylyn/Instagram
There’s a lot of things to love about Halloween, so why not actually go for a nail art look that will give you plenty of variety? Like with this one, you can include skulls and pumpkins, but don’t forget about some of your other favorite imagery, too.
20. Nails that are perfect for cat-loving witchy girls.nailartbyronnie/Instagram
For a variation on a few pink nails featured above, you can outdo yourself with even MORE color by doing this oh-so-subtle black cat look. Those creepy eyes, that tail… What’s not to love?!
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any corrections needed? Please email us at email@example.com