22 Iconic Movie Weddings Dresses To Consider For Your Wedding
Finding the perfect gown, veil, tiara, makeup, and earrings can make creating your ultimate wedding day all the more stressful. As Latinas, many of us have spent our childhood years imaging and pining away at the days in which we’d find our true love and walk down the aisle to marry them. Most of the time, we get the fantasy of our wedding day looks from our favorite movies and films.
Let’s take a look back at 20 of the most iconic looks Latinas wore in films to consider for your big day.
1. Salma Hayek in “Frida”Frida / Miramax Films
Frida Kahlo always had lovely and rich taste when it comes to her clothes. The dress Salma Hayek wears for the wedding scene was ALMOST as impressive at the lovely crown.
2. Hayeks’ second wedding dress.Miramax Films
3. Jennifer Lopez in “The Wedding Planner”Columbia Pictures
Just when you thought JLo’s style in this film couldn’t get any more timeless. She went and pulled out this satin number with off the shoulder long sleeves that were pinned with beautiful buttons.
4. Salma Hayek in “Fools Rush In”Columbia Pictures
It’s kind of hard to pick just one thing to love in this romantic comedy. Still, the boho vibes of Salma Hayek’s dress were hands down my favorite.
5. America Ferrera’s dress in “Our Family Wedding”Fox Searchlight Pictures
Ferrera starred in the romantic comedy film starring Forest Whitaker, America Ferrera, Carlos Mencia, Lance Gross, Shannyn Sossamon, Charlie Murphy.
5. Penélope Cruz in “Bandidas”“Bandidas” / 20th Century Fox
It’s hard not to love all of the lace tacked on to Penélope Cruz’s dress in this film. Seriously get yourself a headpiece for your wedding like this one to bring all of the drama.
6. Salma Hayek in “Once Upon a Time in Mexico”Once Upon a Time in Mexico /Columbia Pictures
Salma Hayek marries Antonio Banderas’ character in Once Upon A Time In Mexico. Nothing says romance like saying your vows in shackles am I right ladies???
7. Jennifer Lopez in “Enough”Enough / Columbia Pictures
Okay LBR it’s kind of hard to swallow this wedding scene given the topics addressed in this film. STILL, J Lo’s elegant dress and updo were so complimentary.
8. Penélope Cruz in “Woman on Top”Woman On Top / Fox Searchlight Pictures
The classic lace veil Penelope Cruz wore in this movie was hands down everything.
9. Lymari Nadal in “American Gangster”American Gangster / Universal Pictures
Lymari Nadal’s wedding to Denzel Washington’s character in American Gangster had a small put in impactful part. The lace on the dress is total proof!
10. Camila Belle in “From Prada to Nada”From Prada to Nada / Lionsgate
Camila Belle brings all of the styles to this film. Still, it isn’t until the very end when she breaks out this timeless dress that I truly felt inspired.
11. Jennifer Lopez in “My Family”My Family / New Line Cinema
Here comes JLO once again with a dress that brings out all of the stops. ICYMI ladies, here’s an example of how to rock some beautiful gold studs for your wedding.
12. Jennifer Lopez in “El Cantante”El Cantante / Picturehouse
Seriously though, Jennifer Lopez must really love to have wedding gowns in her movies. Check out “El Cantanate” for a 60s-inspired wedding gown.
13. Jennifer Lopez in “Monster-in-Law”Monster-in-Law / New Line Cinema
You probably thought we’d dropped all of the JLO wedding gowns on you, but I promise this chica is not through with the white gowns. Feeling like you want to pull off gloves for your wedding day, check this one out for inspo!
14. Cameron Diaz in “Feeling Minnesota”Feeling Minnesota / Fine Line Features
The Cubana’s long-sleeved lace dress isn’t the first time she went with off-the-shoulder’s in a movie. Keep scrolling through to see!
15. Sara Ramirez in “Grey’s Anatomy”Grey’s Anatomy / ABC
Fans of “Grey’s Anatomy” will never forget Ramirez’s timeless wedding dress in the show. The beaded sleeves were the perfect look for her chic dress.
16. Salma Hayek in “Breaking Up”Breaking Up Warner Bros.
Have a passion for bringing a hippy look to your wedding? Totally consider rocking a flower crown like Salma!
17. Penélope Cruz in “Love Can Seriously Damage Your Health”Love Can Seriously Damage Your Health / Manuel Gómez Pereira
Penélope’s dress was straight up dramatic in “Love Can Seriously Damage Your Health.” Copying it is simple, just make sure to go for a veil with tons of poof.
18. Jessica Alba in “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer”Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer / 20th Century Fox
Jessica Alba went for a simple yet chic look in her dress for the Fantastic Four series. Keep your veil small and cropped for a similar look.
19. Cameron Diaz in “What Happens in Vegas”What Happens In Vegas / Distributed by 20th Century Fox
Cameron Diaz taught us that a casual look for a wedding can always go over well. Dress it up with a string of purls and long veil!
20. Cameron Diaz in “My Best Friend’s Wedding”Fox Searchlight Pictures
See! I told you Cameron loved to go for the off-the-shoulder look!
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any corrections needed? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org